Thursday, September 15, 2011

Number 274 - It's Fall, Damn It!

NUMBER 272 - IT'S FALL, DAMN IT!

Here in Florida it was a balmy 94' today. But, I am determined to enjoy Fall. I love everything about Fall, the leaves, the colors, the pumpkins, the sweaters...I could go on and on. So, today I bought out Bath & Body Works of all their Pumpkin Spice, Creamy Pumpkin, Caramel Covered Pumpkin, etc. candles and got to work on a new project. I am never happy with wreaths I find in stores, but I had seen one the other day online that I loved and it was great inspiration!

I cheated a little by buying the wreath at TJ Maxx.  Then I headed to Michaels and picked up the wood letter.  I wasn't completely pleased with the wreath, not enough orange.  So, I figured I would paint the letter to add more spice!  Martha Stewart offers a whole line of paints and I could not decide between the metallic or the glitter paint, so I bought both (they were only $1.99 anyway!).

I got to work painting the letter, nothing too hard about that.  Let the metallic paint dry until tacky and then covered it with the glitter paint.  I let all that dry, tied the letter onto the wreath with some brown satin ribbon and voila!  Whole project, less than $25.00.  A steal if I do say so myself!























No comments:

Post a Comment